Bath bombs for Christmas
After making my dragon egg bath bombs, I had some material left over so I decided to make some beautiful Christmas presents. It’s such a fun project that I can make with my son who loves to mix his own bath bombs and then use them excessively 😂.
If you’re still looking for a simple DIY present for the Holidays, you’re in the right spot!
(Affiliate-Links coming at you)
Ingredients make 4 fist-sized bath bombs
- 200g baking soda
- 120g citric acid
- 60g corn starch
- 35ml coconut oil oder 30ml shea butter
- 65ml oil-based bath additive
- (optional) gel food color
- dried flower petals / rose petals
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Warm up the coconut oil or shea butter in a pan or microwave and add it to dry ingredients.
- Add food colorant, bath additive and flowers to your liking.
- Knead the mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and use your hands to form bath bombs. The mixture should be moist enough so that the bombs keep their shape easily. If it is still too powder-like just add 1-2 table spoons more coconut oil or shea butter to the mix.
- Put the bath bombs in a cool place to dry.
- Wrap them in a nice package as a present or use them yourself in your own bathtub
We have based our recipe on the one from Bathely but changed some things according to our experience and liking 😍.
If you are making the bath bombs with your children and they are having a hard time in forming the balls, just spread the mixture like cookie dough and use some cookie cutters. It will be easier to handle and the fun is still guaranteed! 🙂